Thursday, June 24, 2010

doctor's office

I am allergic to Japan. I woke up on Wed morning with my eyes swollen shut and crying.... had to go to the opening reception like that. Stupidly I put my contacts in as well, but ended up taking them out and wearing my glasses. Lovely. So the Fukushima people insisted I go to the eye doctor. He looked at my eyes and said they were inflammed and gave me drops, to the tune of 5,250 yen. I had to put slippers on and sit in the waiting room on benches, everything was very sterile and antiseptic looking, which is good for a doctor's office I guess. At least they saw me quickly. Naturally I forgot my insurance card, but Fukushima has a copy and they showed that to the receptionist. But I still had to pay. But the good news is that I have quit crying and looking like a very stoned Dracula. I am still sort of swollen and still wearing my glasses, which I hate. Oh well, could be worse. There seemed to be about 5 nurses there as well. Job creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment