Thursday, June 24, 2010

welcome reception

Forgot to mention the welcome reception. It went well, I guess they liked our speeches. Lauren and Emily did well speaking Japanese. Fortunately, I did not have to do that..... Masumi translated for me. Mr. Kanno and Mr. Abe liked their Converse Parkas. Mr. Sato liked his coaster, or so it all seemed. Unfortunately I am suffering from an eye infection and cried during the entire thing.....
After that we met with the students and introduced Converse to them. Emily sang Jupiter and did a wonderful job of it. Then we ate various American and Japanese dishes and a few people sang to the Karoke machine. One professor sang My Way and some students sang some popular Japanese songs. It was fun. Just in case you were wondering, I did NOT sing "White Rabbit".

No comments:

Post a Comment