Thursday, July 8, 2010

Campus Life










On Wednesday I spent the day at the surburban campus and watched a band practice and a dance practice. The dancers will perform next Tuesday at lunch time for the school. They will have at least two different types of fans and be in costumes. I will get pictures of that for sure. They go to competitions, and are quite good. I also took a picture of the Bali statue garden. Every year Fukushima sends student to Bali for a cultural experience. I saw a video of the trip, they go for about 9 days or so. The garden is in honor of that trip. I also put a picture of Emily, Lauren and Miss Kelly at the first hot springs we went to. She is the wonderful singer who entertained me on Tuesday night and who is a kindergarten teacher. The student party was for freshman and they played music and games and had food. Mark and I stayed for about an hour or so.
Students are very fashionable. The clothing styles range from jeans, T-shirts and athletic shoes to black leggings under shorts and baby-doll tops. I see long skirts and short skirts and lacy or torn leggings, or bare legs, capris on both the guys and the girls. Some girls were lots of make-up, especially eye make-up to make their eyes seem bigger. Some girls and guys have pierced ears, and dyed hair, but I have not seen any purple hair or tattoos yet. I am sure it is coming soon.
The classroom is my least favorite one. It is dark and has two TV's on either side of the room, and I hook my laptop up to it to show my powerpoint presentations. Unfortunately the pictures aren't as clear as I would like. The other classrooms have projectors and screens, but no computers. I hook my laptop up in each one. One classroom had no projector so we use an auditorium, which got so dark the students all fell asleep on me! *sigh*...... to think the dismal science didn't keep them awake! Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment