Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wrap Up

I throughly enjoyed my experiences in Japan and would do it again. I loved teaching with Mark at Fukushima College and meeting his students. I especially loved seeing the dance team and wish them well in the future.
The food was good, for the most part, and I enjoyed being a tourist and seeing the lakes outside of Fukushima. I also liked seeing Nikko and going to the traditional onsen. Regina's Forest and the British Hills were fun, too, as was being in such a large city as Tokyo. However, all of the people on the trains did start to make me clastrophobic!
Not knowing anything about the language was frustrating at times for me, but I got around ok. Learning the train system in Tokyo was a challenge, but in a good way. Living out of a hotel room got old, but not cleaning, cooking or grocery shopping was nice for awhile.
It was fun to live a different life for awhile, but I am glad to be home! Skype helped me feel connected to Greg and the cats, and all the emails and FB comments were great, too. Nonetheless, as Dorothy says, there is no place like home.
Thanks for reading this..... hope you enjoyed it.
Dr. Mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment